Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Works in progress and some Cuts & Bruises...

Pretty much the moment I released For Anyone Who Ever Had A Heart... earlier this year, my mind was already working towards a follow up. I'm sure its a common feeling for artists across all mediums, as soon as one project is finished the next one begins. Your mind becomes feverish with all the things you know you want improve upon, the new directions you want to explore. For the new collection I knew I needed to get away from me as much as I could. To look outward at other people in my life, other stories I'd heard, other adventures and dangers beyond my own little world.

Moving to the vast open expanse of desert in West Texas has certainly helped to provide a physical representation of that artistic and emotional journey. Almost immediately upon arriving in this terrain,stories began to tell themselves. All I had to do was sit down and shut up. Just listen and look around. Keep my pen and paper handy and take a few photos and the rest would unfold on its own. So far so good. Seeing as how For Anyone... is almost a year old (and it's the time of giving) I figured I'd share a few images and passages from the new collection taking shape. It's (as of now) called Cuts & Bruises. Stories of scars, inner and outer, that make us who we are.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. youre pretty f;in good at tellin stories my friend. can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete